Cooker Hood Installation & Repairs

If you’re looking to install a new cooker hood or to replace an existing one, we have electricians available throughout London to do it for you. Whether it’s a carbon filter or external venting extractor unit, we’re here to help.

Note: We can install cooker hoods for domestic and commercial kitchens. However, we do NOT design the extractor system or hoods for commercial kitchens.

Customer reviews

  • Your electrician proposed alternative solutions to my problem and I was able to choose the cheaper and quickest repair option. He was able to solve my issue within an hour and did a clean job. I am very happy and will use your services again in the future.

    Marion, Canary Wharf, E14

  • Thanks for a great service. We found your electrician professional, quick and clearly articulate in explaining the work undertaken and how we should operate going forward.

    Zoe, Clapham, SW11

  • Excellent service this afternoon. Your electrician quickly established the problem was caused by my fuse box not being installed properly. He then made sure the rest of the fuse box was safe before finishing. He was very professional and friendly, and I was very happy with the work.

    Penny, Earlsfield, SW18

No hidden extras

What you get from Aspect

  • Experienced & vetted tradespeople
  • 24 hour availability for all trades
  • Dedicated technical support team
  • Aspect Guarantee on workmanship
  • Peace of mind from trade accreditation

Occasional extra costs

  • Parts and materials used
  • Collection of parts and materials

We won’t charge you for

  • Cost of parking
  • Fuel or travel time
  • Congestion Charge
  • ULEZ charge

Electrical installation certificates

An electrical outlet for a new new cooker hood can usually be added as a spur from an existing circuit. Our electrician will test and certify any work that’s carried out. A Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate (MEIWC) will be issued to cover this type of alteration. More extensive electrical installation work can also be carried out if needed.

All of the work done by our electricians is in accordance with British Standard BS 7671: 2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.

Some of our accreditations

We're fully trade accredited. Aspect is registered with NICEIC, the Gas Safe Register, and is also a member of the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA). In addition, the Aspect Guarantee covers our tradesmen’s workmanship for up to 12 months.

When you book Aspect to install or repair your cooker hood you can count on getting the professional expertise you’re looking for.

Need more info on our electrician services? Someone from our team can call you.  Request a callback

Installation of ventilation ducting

Ducting is only required for external venting cooker hoods. Ducting isn’t needed for carbon filter units as they simply remove particulates before recycling the air into the room.

With an external venting cooker hood, if the hob is installed on an external wall the installation of the ventilation ducting is relatively straightforward. The cooker hood must vent outdoors. The ducting has to be sleeved through the drilled holes and pass through each section of a cavity wall with no joints.

If the cooker hob is installed on an island or against an internal wall the ducting needs to run either through the ceiling or flooring void, or be surface mounted, before venting outdoors.

Account customers

We have a dedicated team of account handlers to support multi-site customers and commercial properties: Restaurants, Bars, Offices, Retail, Landlords, Letting Agencies, Hotels, Schools, Embassies, Care Homes and more.

Recent knowledge sharing articles

  • How to stop condensation

    Tired of condensation at home? If condensation remains for more than five minutes after a bath, shower or cooking, or regularly appears on your windows, it's time to stop it with these quick tips from our experts... Put a stop to condensation

  • The causes of condensation and how to reduce it

    When water droplets form naturally indoors on windows or walls, this is condensation. To ensure your property and health doesn’t suffer adverse effects, reduce condensation wherever possible. This definitive guide will tell you how... Reducing condensation

  • Electrical certificates needed to sell a house

    If you're thinking about putting your house on the market, you might want to avoid delays during the conveyancing process. Having certificates that show electrical work has been carried out and tested correctly is essential... Electrical certs when moving

  • Detecting leaks in mains water supply pipes

    A higher than expected bill from your water supply company is sometimes a good indication of a leak. However, there could be a number of other reasons too. This article covers reasons why your water bill could be higher than usual... Buried leak detection

10% Off our hourly rates when you book online.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website and for the purposes illustrated in our Cookie Policy