The installation of a bathroom extractor fan can help reduce condensation, unwanted odours, and prevent the growth of mould in a property. Having one is a requirement of Building Regulations if the bathroom doesn’t have opening windows. Our electricians are experienced and equipped to install any type of extractor fan in a bathroom anywhere in London.
Bathroom Extractor Fan Installation
Our guarantee and accreditations
We're fully trade accredited. Aspect is registered with NICEIC, the Gas Safe Register and TrustMark and is also a member of the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA). In addition, the Aspect Guarantee covers our tradesmen’s workmanship for up to 12 months.
When you book an Aspect electrician you can count on getting the professional expertise you’re looking for.
Venting of a bathroom extractor fan
All bathroom extractor fans must vent externally. Depending on the access, our electricians can usually install the appropriate ducting and external grill on their own. If the extractor fan needs to vent through a roof using a tile adaptor it might be necessary to schedule an Aspect roofer to assist with this part of the installation.
Our electrician will let you know whether if additional assistance is needed for the installation as soon as he’s knows where it’s being installed.
Bathroom extractor installation tasks
Our electricians are experienced and equipped for every part of the installation of a bathroom extractor fan: –
- Disconnect and remove existing unit
- Running a spur from an electrical circuit
- Installation of hard or flexible ducting
- Fitting external gravity or fly mesh grills
- Fixing the unit in position
- Functional testing
- Safe connection, electrical testing and certification
No hidden extras
What you get from Aspect
- Experienced & vetted tradespeople
- 24 hour availability for all trades
- Dedicated Service Support Manager
- Aspect Guarantee on workmanship
- Peace of mind from trade accreditation
Occasional extra costs
- Parts and materials used
- Collection of parts and materials
- Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) charge
We won’t charge you for
- Cost of parking
- Fuel or travel time
- Congestion Charge
Cleaning bathroom extractor fans
A tip from us
Keeping the extractor fan in your bathroom clean and free from dust and debris can help to keep it running for longer. Cleaning it can done by using a small nozzle on the end of your vacuum cleaner.
Debris getting caught in the motor of an extractor fan is the most common reason for them to breakdown and need replacing. Clogging of the motor puts stress on the bearings and results in them working harder than needed.
It’s usually not worth repairing a bathroom extractor fan if it has broken. It’s usually more economical to have it replaced with a new one.
Can’t find the information you’re looking for?
Our other ventilation pages
Our tradespeople can be booked for a wide range of ventilation tasks. Read more about the services we provide here: –
- Cooker hood installation and repairs; whether you have an external venting or a recycling carbon filter extractor unit, our electricians can be booked for new installs, replacements or repair work. They’ll ensure your cooker hood is compliant with Building Regulations
- Commercial kitchen ventilation; we have non-domestic gas engineers and electricians who are qualified to install, test and repair ventilation and related safety systems in commercial kitchens. They’ll help to keep you safe and compliant
Recent knowledge sharing articles
Detecting leaks in mains water supply pipes
A higher than expected bill from your water supply company is sometimes a good indication of a leak. However, there could be a number of other reasons too. This article covers reasons why your water bill could be higher than usual... Mains water leak detection
Electrical certificates needed to sell a house
If you're thinking about putting your house on the market, you might want to avoid delays during the conveyancing process. Having certificates that show electrical work has been carried out and tested correctly is essential... Electrical cert requirements
An electrician's guide on how to fix a tripped fuse
Your fuse box, correctly referred to as a consumer unit, will either have fuses or trip switches. Modern electric circuits are fitted with a circuit breaker fuse system. If a fault develops a switch is tripped and the circuit is broken... Locating nuisance tripping