If you suspect a flat roof at your property is damaged, leaking, worn or in need of any type of roof repair work, we can get a trade accredited roofer with you quickly to get it fixed. Whether your flat roof is covered with felt, asphalt, lead, other metals, fiberglass, EPDM or single ply membranes, we’ve got an experienced roofer ready to help.
Flat Roof Repairs
Our guarantee and accreditations
We’re fully trade accredited. Aspect is a member of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC) and is registered with TrustMark. In addition, the Aspect Guarantee covers our tradesmen’s workmanship for up to 12 months.
When you book an Aspect roofer for your flat roof repairs you can count on getting the professional expertise you’re looking for.
Act now on flat roof repairs
If you suspect your flat roof needs repair due to water getting into your property, it’s important to get the problem fully assessed and fixed as quickly as possible.
If repair work isn’t carried out quickly the damage caused by water can dramatically increase repair costs. Structural timbers can be weakened if they’re continually holding water. Saturated brickwork and masonry can cause internal damp problems that can result in the need for extensive internal decoration work.
An Aspect roofer will check your flat roof thoroughly when called for repair work. If necessary, they will try to stop any further damage from taking place before continuing with their repairs.
No hidden extras
What you get from Aspect
- Experienced & vetted tradespeople
- 24 hour availability for all trades
- Dedicated Service Support Manager
- Aspect Guarantee on workmanship
- Peace of mind from trade accreditation
Occasional extra costs
- Parts and materials used
- Collection of parts and materials
- Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) charge
We won’t charge you for
- Cost of parking
- Fuel or travel time
- Congestion Charge
Repairs made to flat roofs
- Patch repairs and resealing joints to roof covering
- Repairing or replacing faulty flashings
- Raking crumbling mortar from brickwork and repointing
- Removing and replacing damaged bricks
- Repairing guttering that prevents correct drainage
- Renewing seals around skylights
Common weak points on a flat roof are around the edges, and abutment points. Roof coverings where allowances have not been made for structural movement, are possible sources of leaks as well as defective flashings and pointing.
Sometimes the defects on a flat roof are so extensive or severe that the roof needs replacing. If this is the case we’ll provide you with a detailed assessment of the findings and a fixed price quote to get the work completed.
Pooling (ponding) on flat roofs
Pooling is one of the most common problems on a flat roof. This happens when the roof does not drain rainwater as it should. The weight of water, and other soaked debris that has collected, places excess stress on joints and seals. A roof that either has pooling that covers a large area, or is more than 20mm deep might at least need a professional assessment.
Visible signs of potential drainage problems on a flat roof, other than the obvious presence of pools of water, include the growth of mosses and other plants and watermarks that indicate where water has previously collected.
Flat roofs with pooling problems don’t necessarily need to be replaced as patch repairs can sometimes be made.
Can’t find the information you’re looking for?
Our other roofing pages
Our expert roofers can be booked for a wide range of tasks. Read more about the range of services we provide here: –
- Pitched and tiled roof repairs; whether it’s slates or tiles, we can source replacements to keep your home well protected from the worst weather conditions
- Roofing inspection surveys; don’t take a chance when buying a new property, get a comprehensive survey done of the roof to highlight any issues beforehand
- Gutter repairs; defective guttering and drainage isn’t just an inconvenience, it can result in serious damp problems at a property
- Gutter cleaning; this maintenance task should be carried out regularly to prevent drainage issues, our roofers can do it safely and quickly
- Roofing contractors; if you need work to your roof then we have roofers on call to help with all those repairs and stop any water ingress and further damage