- Air Conditioning
- Gas & Central Heating
- Pest Control
- Windows & Glazing
- Waste Clearance
- Commercial Customers
- Packages & Services
- Surveys & Inspections
- Renewable Energy
- About aspect.co.uk
- Melissa Porter's Aspect
- "How To..." Videos
- Contact Us
- Areas We Cover
- Franchise Opportunities
- Home Page
Bees & Wasps
Finding a nest on your property and removing it completely and safely can be difficult; being stung is unpleasant for everyone. At aspect.co.uk we can take the sting out of your summer. Our fully qualified, experienced and trained engineers are here to resolve this problem. They will inspect the source of the crisis and treat the pests. Leaving you to enjoy your summer sting free!
All treatment rates + VAT
For our Easter rates please refer to our main Rates page.
Standard rate (per hour)
Overtime rate (per hour)
|Late rate (per hour)|
|Monday to Friday||8am - 5pm||6am - 8am / 5pm - 9pm||9pm - 6am|
|Weekends||N/A||6am - 9pm|
|Bees/Wasps.||£65.00 1st Nest. Additional nests are charged at £40.00 each*||£78.00 1st Nest. Additional nests are charged at £48.00 each*||£95.00 1st Nest. Additional nests are charged at £60.00 each*|
*Bees/Wasps – each additional adjacent nest exterminated on a property in the same 1st visit carries an additional charge. We can estimate at the time of our 1st visit to remove the nest, pest proof and refurbish the point of entry and carry out these works in an additional visit.
To maximise your treatment and maximise its success, it is vital you follow our pre visit instructions and post treatment recommendations sent to you via email with our appointment confirmation.
Treatment is available and effective; however the approach of proofing / prevention is the best way to achieve long term successful control. We are able to estimate for these supplementary works to be carried out in an additional visit.
A Wasp is an insect and there are many varieties. The common wasp will, like bees, aggressively defend its nest. But unlike bees, which die after stinging, the common wasp can sting multiple times. This makes its sting viable for personal defense when away from the colony, and the common wasp is therefore more apt to sting. However, it will usually not sting without being provoked by sudden movement or other violent behavior.
- - 4 Transparent wings
- - Noticeable “waist” between thorax and abdomen.
- - Bright black and yellow bands
- - Length ranges from 10-12mm
Habits and behaviour:
- - Nests can be found in roof spaces, wall cavities, trees etc.
- - Some nests can become very large
- - Colonies only survive one season
- - Can be aggressive if threatened
- - Feed on a wide range of food depending on the species. These include other insects and carrion as well as sweet substances
- - Become more of a problem in late summer going into autumn, as they “stock up” for the queens hibernation over winter.
Signs of Infestation:
- - Sightings of continuous activity, coming and going to one or more entry/exit point
- - In the UK wasp nests only last for one year, but the queens hibernate over the winter and create new nests in the following year.
- - The nests themselves can consist of thousands of workers which construct a complex nest, often in roof spaces, which is made out of chewed up wood.
- - Wasp stings can be very painful and occasionally lethal. A professional should be employed with the correct protective clothing; they will usually treat the heart of the nest with an insecticidal powder applied with a special applicator.